Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Future is Now...

This weekend marks "round 2" of our 7-week overview of Bible prophecy at Valley Church. As a teacher and preacher of the Bible, this is one of my favorite subjects - and yet, it is also one in which extra humility is required from each of us. One of my favorite places to take my kids is Disneyland. No matter how many times I visit the Magic Kingdom, it never fails that each time I go I seem to notice some detail I never saw before on a ride, building or other attraction.

If this is the case with a man-made theme park like Disneyland, how much more true when journeying through the Bible? Even though I may be familiar with the basic layout and story line, it seems that new details always jump out which I never noticed before. The Bible is an amazing book for many reasons - not the least of which is because of its ability to mesmerize the deepest thinkers and scholars while at the same time dispense a core message that a 5-year old can comprehend!

If you are curious about what the Bible says related to the future - I invite you to join us this Sunday at 9AM and 11AM (5063 Maple Road in Vacaville). Come journey through the reality of a love-story written about a God who loves His people so much He would rather die than live without them for eternity...

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeremy: Enjoyed your family Christmas picture. I'm also excited about your messages on prophecy since that is one of my favorite themes. You might check out the poem I wrote a week or so on my blog entiles: "Christ or Antichrist" The Lord continue to bless you as you serve Him. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pastor Ben! I will definitely check out your poem - especially since I am teaching Daniel 9 this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete