Saturday, June 6, 2009

Vintage Faith in a Cutting-Edge World

I am thrilled to begin a brand new teaching series at Valley on June 14. It's called "Vintage - Ancient Values for a Relevant Faith." In relation to that series, I've asked a few people, how they would complete the following sentence: "If I could change or improve my church, I would......." Then I ask them to think beyond the programs and events they are currently involved in or benefit from. Think beyond the personalities they interact with. D.L. Moody is said to have prayed the following on a regular basis: "God, my generation has yet to see the impact of just one man wholly committed to Jesus. Let me be that man!" What if this was the prayer of an entire church? What if - by learning from the Book of Acts - we surrendered ourselves more completely to BEING the hands and feet of Jesus? I invite you to come hang out with us beginning June 14. Let this be the summer God radically changes your perspective.....

2 comments:

  1. The cost of letting "me be that man." is atrociously high. What a blessing it would be to have a church family that all helped one another with the arduous journey. When I felt like quitting, others would help me, encourage me, carry me, or correct me. And if another felt like quitting, I would join others in helping him, encouraging him, carrying him, or correcting him.

    WAIT!!??!! Isn't that what the church is supposed to be anyway?

    May God grant you an audience of passionate learners!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would...Love all people with Christ-like love. Love that passes all understanding. Such love cannot be shown without complete surrender to Jesus Christ. I can only achieve that recognizing I am powerless without Jesus directing all my steps. I am looking forward to this series. Thank you Pastor Jeremy for your humble and passionate leadership and your obediece to God.

    Sam W.

    ReplyDelete